ToGoWare 2-Tier Tiffin #14

Bagel toppings (capers, Daiya non-dairy cream cheese, cucumbers, red onions, tomatoes, and carrot lox), fancy dark chocolates, and mini bagels.

I love, love, love carrot lox. It may be the most exciting thing about veganism for me. But there is more excitement to go around here, in the form of these dark chocolates.

Usually, I can't buy a box of fancy chocolates because even if some of the individual chocolates don't have dairy, others in the box do. But the stores are getting ready for Passover, and people want fancy non-dairy chocolates. I have been haunting the kosher sections of my local stores. Passover is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays (that I don't celebrate). I love getting to eat truffles and nut clusters and creams.


Comments

  1. For what it's worth, I've found making "paleo-style" chocolates is pretty easy, and easy to make them vegan. I do a lot of cooking for a couple of friends - one has recently gone essentially paleo and another has gone vegan, and they both need chocolate to get them through certain life experiences. A quick google search turned up a dozen recipes, I messed about with what looked like the most essential and most interesting parts, and 20 minutes (at the most!) later, I'd poured my "paleo" chocolate into candy molds I already had. A couple of hours later, they were ready to eat! The one drawback of using coconut oil as the fat is that these candies melt *easily*, which might make them harder to have in a work lunch. But man, they've been great at-home treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could make non-dairy chocolates, and they would be awesome (and thanks for the tip on the coconut oil! very cool!), but that's a different kind of excitement. And it's actually pretty easy to find non-dairy chocolate bars. But fancy chocolates in a box are a rare sighting!

      Meanwhile, I may have to steal the phrase "need chocolate to get...through certain life experiences." So true. You sound like a great friend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts